- 1 Tbs coconut oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 nitrite/nitrate free sausages, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweet potatoes, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausages and continue to cook until sausages are browned and sweet potatoes are slightly softened.
- Add bell peppers and 1 Tbs of water.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, fried eggs in 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve over sweet potato hash.
I normally don’t eat much in the way of carbs for breakfast unless I have a long workout planned. This is an awesome pre-training meal. I substituted some deer sausage I had in place of the typical stuff. This would also make an awesome dinner meal paired with something…green! (cucumbers, chard, or kale sautéed in grass-fed butter for example)