Yes it is possible to find a grain free brownie that actually tastes good, love these from the Primal Palate-
6 oz dark chocolate, 75% or more (a little mint adds a nice touch, sweetened with stevia or other natural sweetener)
8 oz butter (I prefer Kerrygold grass-fed butter, unsalted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large, pastured eggs
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder (Hain brand)
3/4 cup Xylitol Sweetener (derived from the fibrous parts of plants, very low glycemic response)
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the brownies.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter over medium low heat, while stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut sugar and the vanilla to the chocolate and butter, and stir until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the eggs, chestnut flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour into the flour mixture, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter onto the parchment lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- I do not frost these as the picture shows because they taste great as is.